First thing’s first. Despite the world telling you otherwise, it is foolhardy to ignore the importance of other search engines. Whilst Google (without question) is by far the most used, the benefits of getting indexed by Bing (now integrated into the Windows operating system) and Yahoo are equally important.*
Our SEO / SCO Procedures
Any website produced by Screeching Halt will be optimised for search engines including:
- Schema added for each relevant page
- Unique meta description & title added for each page (keywords are no longer used for indexing)
- Opengraph and Twitter Card data included
- XML Sitemap added and submitted accordingly
- Robot.txt file created and optimised
- Fast loading times
- AMP integrated if required
- Imagery with appropriate sizing and alt tags
- Appropriately written content, use of H1, H2, H3 tags etc.
- Duplicate articles canonicalised correctly
- Free of restricting errors that can cause bad indexing
- Mobile-first design & completely responsive
If your current website is missing any one of the above then don’t give up hope. We can integrate this for you into your current site. Even if it is a Content Management System (CMS), HMTL site or other platform (subject to their software limitations). These essential items are required for the first level of Search Engine Optimisation and if you are missing any one then you are not even giving yourself a chance in this highly competitive area.
Going further with Search Engine Optimisation
In addition to the above is the essential upkeep of your optimisation including:
- Google Search Console account added and monitored to ensure problem-free indexing
- Regular content written and promoted
- Search Content Optimisation
- Google My Business and Bing Places accounts claimed, verified and linked and regularly posted to
- Social Media accounts posting, marketing & back-linked correctly
- Listings on local directories
- Backlinks from local businesses
- Regular analytical reports on users
- Journey of users mapped throughout websites and altered design accordingly
- and much more.
The list goes on and on and whilst almost every one of us has received a “we can get you on the first page of Google” email from a local spammer, few of us (thankfully) fall for this.
Some Free Advice
For more information on how we can help you with your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Search Content Optimisation (SCO), use our contact page.
*DuckDuckGo compiles data from other search engines so it won’t be considered in this article.
Contact us to find out how we can help!
Search Engine Optimisation Portfolio
If you have a query then complete the form and we shall get straight back to you. We’re happy to arrange a consultation at any time.